Cadet lines in Herefordshire - Thornbury, 1500s-1610s+
John Baskerville, of "Netherwood", Thornbury, Herefordshire
- baptised 24 February 1574, Thornbury, Herefordshire [IGI-v]
- died 6 May 1602, Thornbury, Herefordshire
- parents Thomas Baskerville and Bridget (nee Cornwall) Baskerville of Thornbury
- Married c1594, at Thornbury
to [name unknown]
- Thomas b. 1597, Thornbury, d. ?, m. 1610 at Monnington-on-Wye, to Anne [surname unknown]
1594: Thomas Cornwall the elder of Burford, co. Salop, esquire Thomas Williams of Willaston [in Press] co. Salop, gentleman, and William Pytcharde of Cradley, co. Hereford gentleman, trustees of John Baskervyll of Netherwood [in Thornbury] son and heir of Thomas Baskervyll of Norton Colepark, co. Wilts. (with the concent of Thomas and John Baskervyll) to William Leighton of Pontesbury, co. Salop. esquire: Netherwood [in Thornbury]: Hereford.
[23 April 44 Eliz; P.R.O. E 41/48]
1602: died aged 27 or 28.
References and reading
- all entries in genealogical chart from International Genealogical Index online unless otherwise annotated. Entries sourced IGI-v indicate that the IGI entry is verifiable with a reference to an original document - usually a parish register.
- PRO: Public Record Office (now National Archives [of England & Wales]), with reference no.
- Watkins, Rev Morgan G., Collections Towards The History and Antiquities of the County of Hereford, in Continuation of Duncumb's History: Hundred of Huntington, Jakeman & Carver, High Town Hereford 1897 - this contains a pedigree of the Baskerville family.