Hereditary line in Herefordshire - Eardisley Castle, 1080s-1680s
Thomas Baskerville, Lord of Eardisley Manor
- born c1616, Eardisley Castle (Watkins: 40)
- died 2 February 1683 at Eardisley Castle or Manor Gatehouse (Watkins: 40)
- parents Sir Humphrey and Lady Elizabeth Baskerville, nee Coningsby (Watkins: 40)
- Married c1640, at Eardisley Castle Chapel or St. Mary Magdalene Church of England, Eardisley
to Frances Pember (Watkins: 40)
- John 1642, Eardisley - d ?
- Frances 1643, Almeley - d. in infancy <1647?
- Ann 1644, Almeley - d. in infancy <1647?
- Hurbert 1644, Almeley - d. in infancy <1654?
- Humphrey 1646, Eardisley - d?, m(1) 1666 at Eardisley to Ann Phillips, (2) 1685 at St James, Dukes Place, London to Phillipa Coningsby
- Ann 1647, Eardisley - d ?, m? 1674 at Kentchurch, Herefordshire to John Williams
- Thomas 1648, Eardisley - d. 1690
- Francis 1650, Eardisley - d. 1724?
- Frances 1652, Eardisley - d ?, m? 1682 at Saint Nicholas Cole Abbey, London to John Reakes
- Herbert 1654, Eardisley - d ?
- Benhail 1656, Eardisley - d. 1685
Of these eleven children, only one, Humphrey (born 1646) had any children. He and his second wife Phillipa Coningsby had two daughters (the co-heiresses):
- Frances 1682, d ?, m. 1702 at Eardisley to xx Coningsby, no children
- Phillipa 1684, d. 15/10/1748, m. 1704 at Eardisley to John Thomas Kent, no children
References and reading
- all entries in genealogical chart from International Genealogical Index online unless otherwise annotated.
- Watkins, Rev Morgan G., Collections Towards The History and Antiquities of the County of Hereford, in Continuation of Duncumb's History: Hundred of Huntington, Jakeman & Carver, High Town Hereford 1897 - this contains a pedigree of the Baskerville family.